Friday, July 31, 2009

The Test

So I went in this morning at 8:30. I had to fast from midnight on. Nothing but water. Not too bad beens I go to bed pretty early. The hard part is not having my morning cup of coffee, but anyways, they drew blood...there is one poke (Well actually 2 pokes...lost the vein the first poke). I drank the nasty orange sugar drink. This time it was twice the strength as the drink from Monday. YUUUUUCKY!! Then I had to wait an hour, and they drew blood again...3 pokes. They look for a blood glucose level under 180 after the first hour. Then I had to sit and wait another hour. So I sat and stared at the walls, did some eaves dropping, and burped yummy orange sugar. 10:35 came around and time for poke 4. Not sure what the level should be after 2 hours, but back to staring at the walls for 1 more hour. My last poke was at 11:35, and I was finally able to leave...and eat!! I will not know the results from today's screening until Monday, but I am sure I will look like a heroin addict for the next week.

I told Marcus I thought I should be processing sugars pretty well considering my diet consists of one soda a day, coffee with cream and sugar, anything you can put maple syrup on, or any breakfast food that goes well with 2 tablespoons of sugar, a bowl of Ice cream at least once a day, yummy 7-11 Slurpees, and lots of cookies. Every meal needs a desert! I just can't help myself! Well we will see if my glucose screening was a fluke on Monday. Hopefully I passed today with flying colors. I think I might almost rather take insulin then give up chocolate ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...