Friday, October 16, 2009

Still Alive

Quiet time!

Miss Mia

Closest thing I could get to a smile from Deuce. I was always 2/100 of a second late. This is actually a prelude to a squeaky "cry" noise that he thinks has the grown-ups jumping to attention. It works sometimes, I won't lie.

This picture is why we love our new jobs. He is accidently happy in his sleep. Don't you wish you knew what he was dreaming? My precious boy Jevin..... it's so beautiful, I nearly cried.


Well, Me and Marcus are still alive. While the nights have been semi sleepless, it is getting better. Nana has been here for a week helping. It is kind of a double edged sword though. Nana Julie has been a big help and a relief for us, but she also has to leave at some point...well Sunday to be exact. So far, Marcus and I have only conquered 3 nights alone with the trio. It does look like their sleeping patterns are starting to change a bit. We decided not to wake them in the middle of the night for feeding, that is until one of them has woke up (is that a word?) Last night they slept for 4 hours!! I might be jumping the gun a little, but we will see what tonight holds.


I also just have to mention, all the things you swear you will never do as a parent, all go out the window at 3 am when you have a baby (or two, sometimes 3) that refuse to go back to sleep when you desperately want them to. So we have 2 rooms full of beautiful furniture...yeah...not sleeping in it, on it, near it... We have resorted to pack and plays that sit approximately 3 feet from the end of our bed, and sometimes they don't sleep in them either! I don't know who this person is at 3 am that makes the decision to let the bossy little baby sleep in our bed, but it's obviously exactly what the baby had in mind. They sleep.....they sleeeeep...what a relief. So, my theory is, it takes 21 days to create a habit...is it possible if we can get them to sleep in their own beds on day 20, they won't feel the need to sleep with us until they are in 7th grade? There seriously isn't room for 5 of us. Yeah, mental note to self...find way to get baby to sleep in their own bed!


My day was quite interesting. Marcus had to go into work for a meeting today so I spent the better part of the morning and afternoon with the triplets. It was a peaceful day, I didn't have a nervous break-down, I wasn't found in a fetal position in my walk-in closet, but some might say that I could have been diagnosed with temporary insanity. I am convinced that adults do the strangest things once they become parents. I caught a picture of Jevin smiling in his sleep. I then spent 2 hours with my camera aimed at the other 2 babies trying to catch them smiling too. Needless to say, I was a tad too late each time or I would get the edge of the boppy pillow instead of the little smiling face. I entertained myself for nearly 2 hours doing just this...makes me laugh. By the way...boppy pillows...must have!!!
We are enjoying every bit of it. I think we would get up every 3-4 hours for the next 18 years as long as we could experience this joy. I couldn't have even imagined how happy they make me. It is true, you never know the love you can have until you experience the love you have for YOUR kids. Words could never explain it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love! That picture of Jevin now comes up on my cell phone with a Kim call or message. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim... where do I begin? They are so cute and look sooo much alike it's not even funny! I too sit for HOURS deperately trying to get the perfect pic... I swear Bret needs a second job to keep up with the batteries I use! This whole week I have been trying for their halloween pic... not easy :/ Are yours dressing up for halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, Thanks bunches. I saw your pics of the kidos in their Halloween costumes. Cute, Cute, Cute! I haven't been able to find costumes small enough for the trio. Looks like we might have to resort to pumpkin patterned onsies. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...