Thursday, October 1, 2009

Soul Searching...

I don't have any pics of the babies today, but I just wanted to post a few interesting thoughts or things that have been going through my mind. All good of course...Becoming a parent has been one of the most amazing experiences. Nothing I have done or lived until now has been this fulfilling. Originally when we found out we were having a baby, it was the highest feeling of joy. Then we found out there were three, and I was worried. Worried for many reasons, but I remember being worried about "What if I don't like being a parent?" I wanted to have "A" baby so badly, but I had only thought of it in terms of one baby. How were we going to handle three newborn babies? I wanted to enjoy motherhood. I wanted to be overwhelmingly happy and bask in the light of a precious little boy or girl that I could hold, cuddle, and kiss. I can truly say that I am overwhelmingly happy! I would not change or wish for anything different then having the triplets. They bring me unmeasurable joy. Again, as you have probably read, I worry about the wrong things.

Second, Marcus and I just reached our 10 year anniversary yesterday. The arrival of the trio was the best gift we could ever ask for. The best gift we could give each other. It is awesome to know that we celebrate two very special times in our lives. I love seeing Marcus as a Daddy. I have always known that he deserved and needed to be a Dad. Years of watching him interact with children and coach his boys in football and basket ball touched my heart and I am thankful he can finally experience his own children. This is our year to remember for sure!

So, just a week ago, or a little over a week ago, I was still carrying those precious little people in my belly. Before they were born, I did not realize how tough it was. You wake up day to day, your belly is growing, the babies are moving, you are gaining weight, mobility becomes increasingly difficult, but you adjust to the changes. It's like dealing with a bad knee that gradually deteriorates over time and you become accustom to the pain or discomfort of it. I never realized the true work it took to complete tasks that many of us take for granted. It was just something I was supposed to do. My job was to carry and nurish those pretty babies, and why complain about it? Then again, I thought I felt pretty good, even up until last Tuesday. I have finally come to know my own strength. Now that I have, in one day, lost 25 pounds from one day to the very next, I can walk again. I can tackle the stairs, I can do the dishes, I can sweep a floor, I can clean the toilet, I can bend over, I can stand in the shower, and so on, with very very minimal difficulty. Now, I still do have the pain of the c-section, but that is quickly fading as the days pass as well. Give it up to pregnant mothers of multiples!!

Lastly, just a quick update...the babies are all doing incredibly well!!!! Mia was increased from 4 to 6 bottle feedings yesterday. She has been playing us this whole time. At first we were told that she was having difficulty bottle feeding and turns out in a matter of 2 days she has become the best eater. She might be coming home next week if she continues to do well. Also, we did request that if one was going to come home before the others, that we at least have the other 2 come home on the same day. We don't want to leave one by themselves, so I believe what the doctor is doing is keeping Jevin at 4 bottle feedings until Deuce can increase to 6 too. It also makes sense to keep the twins together since this is what they were used to in utero. She said that once the babies can take all 8 feedings, the insurance will want to kick them loose as to not pay for the NICU expense. So, even though Jevin could probably take 6 bottles, Deuce might not be ready to do so and in order to keep them together, it is best to pace them or keep them at the same pace I guess is what I am trying to say.

Stay tuned. I want to post a pic of me post partem that ya'll can compare to my 34 week belly. I will have more pics of the kidos soon. You just can't help but take pics because you think every little movement is so dang cute.

P.S. Thanks Heather for reaching out to us. Thanks for the ride yesterday. You and Brett are truly special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...