Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bath Time with the Trio

So, I suppose it's not too early to start on the bathtub blog, since it took me a week to get my summer fun blog posted...

I started giving the triplets a bath in the big people bathtub about three weeks ago.  I was scared, but Jevins legs were about 3 inches too long for the baby bathtub you hang over your kitchen sink. Plus, I don't know what it is about the warm water, but it was necessary since the boys thought they should pee on my clean dishes or counter, or back splash, every time they got a bath.  They used to be able to aim it in the little part on the end of the tub...then they decided it was time to practice peeing on the walls....


First, I thought it appropriate to show how I pimped out my bathtub.  We started with one slippy mat thing and a 5 foot shower hose extension.  Not good enough.  I found 3 babies can't fit on one 2 foot mat, and I can't possibly stretch a 5 foot hose on the end of the shower head across the bathtub far enough to rinse all three of them.  So, I purchased 2 more mats, and an extra 5 foot extension hose for the shower head.  We had to make 2 trips to Lowes to find a connector piece for the hose and wha-la!  A tub for triplets!


The first bath was exciting for them. (Mind you, I should have gotten naked just to give them a bath. I needed to change my clothes after the bath was over) They had lots of fun.  Take out the need for one of them to stand on the side of the tub, it went well.  It took me a week or so to pimp the tub, so initially they were not accustom to the 10 foot shower head.  Mia and Deuce, love it.  They, like the splashy kiddy pool mat thing, think they can catch the water coming from the shower head, but Jevin....bath time is OVVVVVERRRR once I turn that thing on. There is no more fun to be had once the shower head starts spitting water!  Just recently have I gotten him used to the water spraying from it.  I sing scrubba dubb dubb, three babies in the tub...they don't care, just give them a wash-rag and the bottle of baby wash...

I skipped the little baby bathtub ring things that support them.  They could already sit up pretty well by themselves so I figured as long as I didn't run more than 1/8 of water in the tub, there shouldn't be too much drowning danger.  Like everything else in life with triplets, there is a routine...I wash bellies, butts, and "junk" from right to left.  Then I go back and wash hair.  Turn on the shower head and spray them down like a small pack of puppies and bath time is done.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...